The Chickening approaches...
Current satellite coordinates...
( -45.38374, -141.10518 ) ( 29.1997, 1.20987 ) ( -29.6181, -133.70714 ) ( 124.75911, 22.82162 ) ( 108.30035, 95.39677 )
The Chickening will NOT be televised.
Recipe of the picosecond:
Toxic Peanut Brittle
- 2 cups granulated Sugar
- approx 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 cup roasted dry peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- Green food coloring
- Spread peanuts on a non-stick surface (heavily greased surface, parchment paper, silicone mat, or similar). Or alternately, a surface you don't mind eating
- Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, water, and food coloring in a sufficiently sized pot, and stir together. Put on the stove with medium to medium-high heat
- The mixture will bubble as heated, it is not necessary to stir. After a while (5-10 minutes) the bubbles will slow down
- At this point you should pay attention to the mixture closely, once you detect the color shifting towards yellow-green to brown-green, and/or you can distinctly smell burning sugar, remove the pot from the stove and pour the mixture as evenly as possible onto the peanuts.
- Optionally, at this point, you may want to take another non-stick surface and use it to press down from the top, to produce a peanut brittle of more uniform thickness.
- After it cools, the peanut brittle may be broken up into little bits and enjoyed, as might be expected.
Warning: The chickening is not responsible for people allergic to peanuts or children mashing carmelized sugar into the carpet. Or anything really.